Tax Investigation Service
When HMRC comes calling, we’re here for you. Our Tax Investigations Service will meet the unwanted and unexpected professional fees to defend your position in the event HMRC starts a compliance check.
Peace of Mind for Lambert Chapman LLP Clients.
Every individual taxpayer and business is at risk of being chosen at any time for a tax investigation purely on a random basis. This applies to private individuals and to businesses.
No one is immune.
Why you could be chosen?
An investigation may be triggered when HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) pick up something they see as unusual on a tax return. In
- motor expenses.
- building repairs.
- legal costs.
- levels of stock or
Local newspapers, the internet, adverts, bank returns, national statistics and
Why do you need fee protection?
Being investigated by HMRC can be a distressing and expensive experience that can be very disruptive and intrusive, not to mention prolonged. Investigations frequently go on for a year or more.
If you need us to represent you and to argue your case, you will be liable for our costs. Our Tax Investigation service will cover the costs we incur in representing you in an investigation.
- The tax authorities don’t need a reason for opening an investigation.
- You could easily be selected at random.
- Any person or company who should complete a tax return could be investigated.
- HMRC are devoting almost
one quarterof their entire budget of £4 billion to enforcement and compliance.
What is our Tax Investigation Service?
A service available for Lambert Chapman LLP clients that pays the professional fees required to provide you with the right level of representation should you be subject to an investigation or dispute with the tax authorities. Without this cover, you would need to pay for any Lambert Chapman costs incurred.
Why choose a Tax Investigation service with Lambert Chapman LLP?
- By subscribing, you’ll be dealing with a trusted and familiar face who knows your affairs – not an unknown accountant which may be appointed if you subscribe to an alternative scheme.
- All our professional fees resulting from any HMRC investigation or PAYE, NIC and VAT disputes will be covered by our service.
- It will give you peace of mind,
minimisingthe stress an investigation can cause.
- At a surprisingly low cost, all this adds up to excellent value for money.
- Full service summary are available on request.
What to expect from tax probes in 2020/21.
HMRC have released data on their Tax Investigations Campaigns showing revenue from January 2015 to March 2017. As you can see from the increase in the chart below, the income achieved from these targeted areas has been significant. Campaign Launched 31/1/2015 (£)...
Get in touch today
Contact us today to find out how we can help and let us provide a tailored quotation suitable for your business.