The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting businesses and individuals alike.
- 37,000 people paid tax at 45% in 2018/19.
- 1 in 10 people have no plans for funding later-life care.
- Move estimated to affect 170,000 individuals from April 2020.
- SMEs could receive statutory sick pay rebate.
- Final period exemption for private residence relief will reduce to nine months.
- Move to affect 170,000 individuals from April 2020.
- Latest auto-enrolment increase is well received.
- Businesses with ‘established’ traits more likely to keep trading.
- Lenders’ trade body says Government should halt further measures.
- Recommends reducing seven-year period to five years.