Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals
From time to time an acquisition opportunity may arise or someone may approach you to buy your business.
Mergers, acquisitions and disposals for your business.
- Assist in the sale, purchase or merger process
- Liaise with other professionals as necessary
- Carry out business valuations and
- Secure funding for corporate finance transactions
Corporate Finance covers a wide spectrum of assignments from buying or selling a business to ensuring that the business has adequate appropriately structured finance to assist its management in achieving
However, because of their specialist
Acquisitions and disposals
Sometimes the best way to improve your competitive position in the marketplace is through a merger or acquisition. Not only is this a complex and
- identify potential targets for Mergers & Acquisitions
- screen targets for suitability
- prepare a negotiating strategy
- value the target business
- undertake the due diligence reports
- raise the necessary capital
- develop an integration plan
optimisethe tax and financial position of the combined enterprise
At other times you may decide to improve your profitability through
- grooming the assets for sale,
- valuing the assets,
- finding suitable purchasers
- negotiating the sale, and
- reviewing the sale agreement for tax implications.
There are times when a business needs amendments to its capital structure to allow it to:
- effect a merger with another business of some specific activities
- selling a trading division or branch to third parties or management, and
- introduce new equity holders from the management team.
Corporate Finance activities also include the provision of finance to our client businesses. Our expertise as a leading firm of Chartered Accountants in Essex gives us access to a wide range of contacts that will help you open doors that may otherwise have remained closed to you. Our job is to know what finance exists and the types of deals that can be done and at what rates and with what security. We keep close contact with all the main banks and finance houses so that this can be sourced for the benefit of your business.
We can help you with the following areas:
- Conducting feasibility studies of your investment projects
- Deciding upon the most suitable sources of finance to fund projects from the following list:
- personal capital
- bank overdraft
- commercial loans and whether they should be short, medium or long term loans
- national and regional agencies
- venture capital
- equity capital
- business angels
- Preparing the necessary business plans including forecasts – see our Business Planning page for more detail
- Presenting your proposals to your chosen source of finance and others if required
- Negotiating rates of interest, arrangement fees and the security required on the finance.
Don’t take risks with your business – let us as experienced professionals help you.
Meet the experts
What plans do you have for leaving? The economy remains challenging and many people's financial aspirations are still a long way off being attained. Thankfully, many have seen a measure of recovery although we are still a way off from the financial problems of recent...
Merger and acquisition activity has hit a ten year high in the UK and we are seeing a similar high level of activity here at Lambert Chapman LLP. One of the more difficult transactions is carrying out a successful merger. Anecdotally between 30% - 40% of mergers do...
Get in touch today
Contact us today to find out how we can help and let us provide a tailored quotation suitable for your business.