We provide specialist taxation and accountancy services to those in the property sector, including self-assessment tax returns, rental property accounts, tax planning and advice.
Lambert Chapman LLP
provide specialist taxation and accountancy advice to those in the property sector.
The advice can be provided to developers, landlords or traders and cover both residential property and commercial property.
Your needs and wishes are important from the outset as are your goals. We will advise you on what you need to do and the actual, likely or potential tax consequences over the whole period of your involvement with the property and what actions could be taken to mitigate liabilities.
Some of the areas we would look at for you could be:-
- How should the property be owned? Should it be owned by a company, a partnership, you as an individual, a Trust or a pension scheme? We will look at the actual and potential tax consequences at purchase, during ownership and at property disposal.
- Is the property a
long terminvestment or for short termprofit or gain?
- Do you want to have a mix of properties for rental or concentrate on just residential or just commercial?
- Do you wish to purchase properties with the intention of improving or developing them to sell on as soon as
possible,or purchase properties that need work doing to them and once done, rent those properties out?
- Do you want income from the property in the form of rental or income from selling them at a profit?
- Do you want other members of your family to benefit from the property now or in the future?
- Do you wish to sell the properties or gift them?
We have, over the years, built up a portfolio of clients
The taxes that can affect property owners can be any one or more of; income tax, capital gains tax, VAT, corporation tax, stamp duty land tax
We have the expertise and experience to give you the comfort of knowing that your taxation and accountancy issues arising from a valuable asset are being looked after.
Contact our team to arrange a review of your property portfolio.
Meet The Experts
Expanding your property portfolio can help increase your financial security — but is now a good time to buy-to-let?
We are seeing a high number of HMRC ‘nudge’ letters being issued, suggesting that rental income from property has not been correctly reported. HMRC are obviously getting this information from somewhere as many of the approaches made to us have been from landlords...
Get in touch today
Contact us today to find out how we can help and let us provide a tailored quotation suitable for your business.