Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Semi Senior Accountant to join our team. This role is within the Accounts department of the Practice that provides accounting services to our clients.
Requirements for Semi Senior:
- 4+ years practice experience
- ACA/ACCA trainee or fully qualified AAT (in or out of an Apprenticeship)
- Audit experience (desirable)
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times
- Commitment to learning new skills to develop your knowledge
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Work well within a team environment
- Provide encouragement and empathy when training assistant accountants
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties
Responsibilities for Semi Senior
- To undertake the training requirements of the Practice in order to develop and progress your knowledge and skills.
- To integrate successfully with the team and provide effective support for other team members.
- To review the work undertaken by the Accounts Assistants and provide timely feedback on all jobs undertaken and where necessary assist with additional training.
- To prepare the more complex elements of the job which are likely to include VAT controls, PAYE controls and other difficult areas.
- To prepare draft annual accounts for all types of trade including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Knowledge of the current reporting legislation in respect of the accounting standards and to prepare disclosure checklists to ensure compliant. (FRS105 and FRS102(1a) desirable)
- To ensure that the accounting working papers have been correctly prepared in accordance with Practice procedures and that all lead schedules agree to the accounts provided for review.
- Undertake an analytical review of the balance sheet and profit and loss account to ensure the figures appear sensible and provide notes for the reviewer on your assessment. To provide queries for the reviewer to help them review the file efficiently.
- To prepare draft tax computations for corporate clients for review by the tax manager.
- To prepare schedules and controls needed for management accounts in a format agreed with the Accounts Manager. To analyse the figures included in the management accounts and to highlight unusual patterns or ratios.
- To prepare written communication to send to or verbally communicate with our clients to obtain information to complete the accounts preparation process and to deal with any queries raised.
- To review the schedules prepared for VAT returns and communicate with the client in respect of their liability and submit the relevant return by the deadline date. Ensure that timely feedback is provided to the preparer of the VAT schedules on all assignments.
- To complete and aid with the preparation of statutory work ensuring completed correctly and filed within the correct time limits.
- In respect of audit clients to follow the instructions and plan provided by the Audit Manager of the assignment. Work involved will include bank transaction testing, sales and purchase directional testing and profit and loss schedules as well as Fixed Asset Testing, Debtors and Creditors testing involving trade debtors and trade creditors and less complex areas.
- Reporting to the Audit Manager on the findings from the audit work undertaken and highlight any issues that may have arisen.
- To train accounts and audit assistants in accordance with the Practice’s training programme and help to identify training needs for those involved. Ensure that proactive timely feedback is provided on all assignments to both the trainee and the Manager.
- To meet the deadlines that are set by the Manager in terms of the budget allocated to the assignment and being aware of any statutory deadlines that may be in force.
- Communicate regularly with the Manager as to the progress of work that has been allocated.
Benefits for Semi Senior
- A competitive salary
- Full professional training support provided either via Apprenticeship or direct
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution on full salary (after 3 months service)
- Death in Service Policy based on x2 Salary from first date of employment)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- Early finish Friday option (full time employees only)
- On-going courses and training
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of our HR Assistant Terri O’Neill – firstname.lastname@example.org