On 14th November 2019, 16 teams gathered at Braintree Golf Club for the annual Lambert Chapman charity Quiz Night.
As part of our fundraising partnership with Essex and Herts Air Ambulance, all proceeds from the evening were pledged towards supporting the life-saving service provided by this charity. We were also delighted to be joined by EHAAT Fundraising Coordinator Clair Mitchell on the night.
Our regular QuizMasters Richard ‘Tricky’ Hamilton and Mike Carabine had been busy behind the scenes putting together 8 rounds of questions alongside the Marathon round which the team from Prettys Solicitors used to their advantage, banking an extra 45 points out of a possible 50, towards their total. This year’s Marathon included picture questions on English Ceremonial Counties, Football Team badges (suitably anonymised), Cartoon Characters, Girl Groups through the ages and Airline insignia.
The remaining rounds covered Sport, November, Films, Arts, Music, Language, Geography and finally a Number Cruncher round to end the night.
Round 3- Films turned out to be a popular round to play the Jokers, with 9 of our 16 teams up for double points. The Teams from Gepps, Bretts Business Recovery and McTear Williams and Wood played theirs brilliantly with a perfect round.
We have included a full breakdown of the final scoreboard below.
The Raffle topped up our fundraising pots with a huge number of tickets sold during the evening. Prizes were kindly donated by local businesses, clients and contacts and we can’t thank you all enough for your support.
The Top 3
The Birkett Longshots representing Solicitors Birkett Long have held the trophy for the last 4 years running and they were unstoppable once more, with an impressive 207 points out of a possible 232 and the Trophy returns to Colchester for the 5th year.
2nd place went to Prettys Solicitors with a score of 192, closely followed by Barclays Bank with a final score of 187.
We couldn’t do it without you… thank you!
- To our hosts Braintree Golf Club, the bar team and Platinum Catering for handling our huge food order – you were wonderful as always.
- To our 16 teams, many of whom join us year after year – your continued support is appreciated and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- To everybody who donated a prize to the raffle – ticket sales make up a huge proportion of our fundraising total and you are all superstars!
- To QuizMasters Richard and Mike who work so hard in their own time to put on a good show with a really good mix of questions.
- To our #TeamLambChap volunteers who came along and helped the event run smoothly and to the Partners who were kept busy acting as our bar runners for the night.
In addition to the proceeds from team entries, raffle ticket sales, after-dinner games and collection pots, we received further cash donations from Thompson Smith and Puxon Solicitors and Impression Europe.
Barclays Bank (Braintree branch) kindly agreed to match fund the proceeds from raffle ticket sales, plus a further donation on behalf of Lambert Chapman LLP means that we raised a fantastic £2,740 for our Charity of The Year.
Essex and Herts Air Ambulance
The average EHAAT cost per mission is £2,200 and this charity relies of the generosity of people and businesses in Essex and Hertfordshire to keep saving lives.
You can find out more about the charity by visiting their website: https://www.ehaat.org/
We hope to see you all again next year!
Posted by Katie Gardner