On 20 March 2019, the bowling team from Lambert Chapman took part in the Handelsbanken Charity Bowl which was held at NAMCO Funscape Bowling in Braintree, raising money for CHESS.
The evening consisted of two games of bowling, with all of the lanes being used by 36 teams (a reduction from last year due a climbing wall being built). Lambert Chapman solitary team consisted of;
Assisted with Alcohol: Luke Mitchell(c), Graham McNeill and Matt Gagie.
In a very competitive field the team fought gallantly and at the half way stage were still in with a chance of individual and team glory.
Unfortunately the team scores were up on previous years, the Lambert Chapman team total of 819 would have won the event last year but this year ended a commendable 4 th.
A good first effort for new recruit Matt who ended in 37 th place, captain Luke for a solid performance ended in 13 th and Graham 3 rd.
Team Top 5
- 1st – RICHARD EDWARDS GROUP – REGROUP THE PINS – 895 points
- 2nd – LUCENTUM – EBOWLA – 867 points
- 3rd – GLENNY LLP – GLENNY LLP – 859 points
- 4th – LAMBERT CHAPMAN – ASSISTED WITH ALCOHOL – 819 points
- 5th – EDMUND CARR – ACCOUNTANTS ON STRIKE – 738 points
Individual Top 5
- 1st – SCOTT HUBBARD – Glenny LLP – 335 points
- 2nd – ANDY GREEN – Richard Edwards Group – 330 points
- 3rd – DAN DRYSDALE – Richard Edwards Group – 312 points
- 3rd – GRAHAM MCNEILL – Lambert Chapman LLP– 312 points
- 5th – TIM HARBOUR – Lucentum Ltd– 310 points
Our thanks to Handelsbanken who were able to raise a fantastic sum of just over £3k for CHESS. In total this event has now raised over £43k for local charities.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the personal views of the Author and other professionals may express different views. They may not be the views of Lambert Chapman LLP. The material in the article cannot and should not be considered as exhaustive. Professional advice should be sought in connection with any of the issues contained in the article and the implementation of any actions.