- Braintree, Essex
- Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Established in 1970, Lambert Chapman LLP brings a wealth of accountancy experience combined with forward-thinking and innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We are members of The UK200Group, and we have access to a range of tax and VAT specialists and use a variety of proven products in which our staff is trained to the highest levels of competence.
Requirements for Tax Officer – Senior
- Have at least 5-6 years experience working within a Practice in respect of the preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns and dealing with correspondence raised by HMRC thereon (Qualifications either qualified by experience or ATT minimum).
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times.
- Be able to listen and follow instructions.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
Responsibilities for Tax Officer – Senior
- Undertake the training requirements of the Practice in order to develop and progress their knowledge and skills.
- Integrate successfully with the team and provide effective support for other team members.
- Correctly allocate and input clients data onto our tax return preparation software, Digita.
- Prepare the electronic working paper files for tax return assignments for review by either the Manager or Partner.
- Deal with Revenue correspondence relating to the client’s tax affairs, and general correspondence from clients as directed by the Partners and/or Tax Manager.
- Support other tax team members with completion of compliance work such as P11d’s and undertake tax department administration including general filing.
- Prepare written communication for review to send to our clients to obtain information to complete the tax return process.
- Communicate effectively with the Tax Manager and other peers to deal with any areas of concern.
- Review work completed by less senior members of the team and provide feedback.
Benefits for Tax Officer – Senior
- A competitive salary
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution (after 3 months service)
- Life assurance (after 3 months service)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- On-going courses and training
Part-time hours may be considered, based on a minimum of 18 hours per week.