Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper Supervisor to join our team.
Requirements for Bookkeeper Supervisor:
- 6 years+ bookkeeping experience
- Experience using cloud software such as Quickbooks, Xero & Sage
- Experience using desktop accounts software such as Quickbooks and Sage
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times
- Commitment to learning new skills to develop your knowledge
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Work well within a team environment
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience of training of junior staff and workplan management
Responsibilities for Bookkeeper Supervisor:
- To undertake the training requirements of the Practice in order to develop and progress your knowledge and skills and to follow the requirement of any apprenticeship route provided.
- To supervise bookkeeping team and the job workflow within the department
- To integrate successfully with the team and provide effective support for other team members.
- To process day book entries for sales, purchases, bank, cash and wages on behalf of clients where we provide bookkeeping services.
- To prepare where required on bookkeeping assignments the control accounts required to reconcile the bookkeeping entries including bank, cash, sales, VAT and PAYE.
- To assist with the training of bookkeeping staff and help to develop their skills.
- To undertake bookkeeping assignments as required and dealing with the more complex areas of the bookkeeping job.
- To prepare written communication for review to send to our clients to obtain information to complete the bookkeeping process.
- To adhere to and follow the Practice’s workflow procedures including updating Digita practice management tasks and completing daily timesheets.
- To be prepared to take on additional tasks and follow instructions and procedures that are required for the operation of the accounts process.
Benefits for Bookkeeper Supervisor
- A competitive salary
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution (after 3 months service)
- Life assurance (from first date of employment)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- Early finish Friday option (full time employees only)
- On-going courses and training
Part time hours may be considered, based on a minimum of 25 hours per week worked over 5 days.
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of our HR Assistant Terri O’Neill – firstname.lastname@example.org