- Braintree, Essex
- Full-time, Permanent
Established in 1970, Lambert Chapman LLP brings a wealth of accountancy experience combined with forward-thinking and innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We are members of The UK200Group, and we have access to a range of tax and VAT specialists and use a variety of proven products in which our staff is trained to the highest levels of competence.
Requirements for Semi-Senior
- 4-5 years practice experience
- Previous audit experience
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times
- Commitment to learning new skills to develop your knowledge
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Work well within a team environment
- Provide encouragement and empathy when training assistant accountants
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties
Responsibilities for Semi-Senior
- To prepare complex elements of the job which are likely to include VAT controls, PAYE controls and other difficult areas.
- To prepare draft annual accounts, taking into account the current reporting legislation in respect of the accounting standards and to prepare disclosure checklists to ensure compliant.
- To ensure that the accounting working papers have been correctly prepared in accordance with Practice procedures and that all lead schedules agree to the accounts provided for review. Undertake an analytical review of the balance sheet and profit and loss account to ensure the figures appear sensible and provide notes for the reviewer on your assessment. To provide queries for the reviewer to help them review the file efficiently.
- To prepare draft tax computations for corporate clients for review by the tax manager.
- To prepare schedules and controls needed for management accounts in a format agreed with the Accounts Manager. To analyse the figures included in the management accounts and to highlight unusual patterns or ratios.
- To prepare written communication to send to or verbally communicate with our clients to obtain information to complete the accounts preparation process and to deal with any queries raised.
- To review the schedules prepared for VAT returns and communicate with the client in respect of their liability and submit the relevant return by the deadline date. Ensure that timely feedback is provided to the preparer of the VAT schedules on all assignments.
- To complete and aid with the preparation of statutory work ensuring completed correctly and filed within the correct time limits.
- In respect of audit clients to follow the instructions and plan provided by the Audit Manager of the assignment. Work involved will include bank transaction testing, sales and purchase directional testing and profit and loss schedules as well as Fixed Asset Testing, Debtors and Creditors testing involving trade debtors and trade creditors and less complex areas.
Benefits for Semi-Senior
- A competitive salary
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution (after 3 months service)
- Life assurance (after 3 months service)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- On-going courses and training