REPORTING TO: Accounts/Audit Manager
LIAISON WITH: Partners and employees of Lambert Chapman LLP and when required new and existing clients.
KEY OBJECTIVES: To prepare accountancy and audit work for review and to provide effective support for senior members of the team
- To undertake the training requirements of the Practice in order to develop and progress your knowledge and skills.
- To integrate successfully with the team and provide effective support for other team members.
- To process day book entries for sales, purchases, bank, cash
andwages on behalf of clients where we provide bookkeeping services and become efficient in the use of a range of accounting softwar
- To prepare where required on accountancy assignments the control accounts required to reconcile the clients accounting entries including bank, cash, sales, VAT and PAYE.
- To correctly code the nominal codes on the client’s trial balance and input onto our accountancy preparation software, Digita.
- To prepare the electronic working paper files for annual accounts assignments for review.
- To prepare analysis schedules to assist senior members of the team with the preparation of VAT returns for submission to HMRC.
- To prepare written communication for review to send to our clients to obtain information to complete the accounts preparation process.
- In respect of audit clients to follow the instructions and plan provided by more senior members of the assignment. Work undertaken will include bank transaction testing, sales and purchase directional testing and profit and loss schedules.
- Communicate effectively with your manager or other peers in order that any areas of concern can be dealt with. To include updating them as to the progress of work undertaken.
- To deal with the team’s administrative tasks including the preparation of confirmation statements and filing of clients data onto our electronic filing cabinet, virtual cabinet.
- To adhere to and follow the Practice’s workflow procedures including updating
digitapractice management tasks and completing daily timesheets.
- To be prepared to take on additional tasks and follow instructions and procedures that are required for the operation of the accounts and audit process.
- To adhere to the Firm’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times.
- Commitment to learning new skills to develop your knowledge.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties.