Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audit Senior to join our team.
Established in 1970, Lambert Chapman LLP brings a wealth of accountancy experience combined with forward-thinking and innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We are members of The UK200Group, and we have access to a range of tax and VAT specialists and use a variety of proven products in which our staff are trained to the highest levels of competence.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the accurate preparation of statutory accounts for Audit clients and the completion of audit work unsupervised. Providing training of junior members of the Audit team and effective support for both Partner and Manager.
- Audit planning, review and undertaking audit work on all aspects of the profit and loss and balance sheet.
- Dealing with complex accounting issues as required.
- Ensuring the audit and accounts file is complete and ready for review by Manager or direct Partner as required.
- Preparation of more complex statutory accounts including consolidated group accounts and IFRS accounts.
- Review of assistant team members’ work, identifying training needs, and providing both positive and constructive feedback.
- To follow Practice procedures including but not exclusive to budgets, accounts preparation processes, workplan and Digita trackers.
- Providing effective support for both Partner and Manager by taking on additional tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Commercially aware in terms of undertaking tasks and preparing accounts and audit in a cost effective manner.
- Training and development of other team members in a supportive manner.
- To carry out any other duty which may be required in line with business requirements.
- To adhere to the Firm’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Good communication skills, as the job involves client and staff contact.
- Good knowledge of Accounting disclosures including FRS102 and IFRS (an advantage).
- Good knowledge of Audit regulations for statutory audits.
- Preparation of Group and Consolidated Accounts (an advantage).
- IT literacy and solid accounting skills.
- Good writing skills in respect of accounts reports and other documents generated for clients and internal purposes.
- A qualified or recently qualified ACCA or ACA with at least 5-6 years Practice Experience working with Audit clients. Audit experience to exceed Accountancy experience.
- A competitive salary
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution (after 3 months service)
- Life assurance (after 3 months service)
- Early finish Friday (full time employees only)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- On-going courses and training
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of our HR Assistant Terri O’Neill – email@example.com